The United States of America

The United States is an incredibly diverse nation. People from all over the world immigrate here, and many of those people go on to have families of their own who are ethnically and racially diverse. There is no “one” type of American because each individual has a unique background and upbringing.


The United States is an incredibly diverse nation. People from all over the world immigrate here, and many of those people go on to have families of their own who are ethnically and racially diverse. There is no “one” type of American because each individual has a unique background and upbringing.
The maximum duration of stay on a B1/B2 visa is 6 months. Your visa can expire while you are still in the U.S.
The B-1/B-2 visitor visa is for people travelling to the United States temporarily for business (B-1) or for pleasure or medical treatment (B-2). Generally, the B-1 visa is for travellers consulting with business associates, attending scientific, educational, professional or business conventions/conferences, settling an estate or negotiating contracts. The B-2 visa is for travel that is recreational in nature, including tourism, visits with friends or relatives, medical treatment and activities of a fraternal, social or service nature. Often, the B-1 and B-2 visas are combined and issued as one visa: the B-1/B-2.
You cannot seek for employment while you are in US on B1/B2. If you get job offer, then US employer has to file Petition first for you. Only with approved petition, you can apply Temporary Workers visa at US Embassy in your home country. However, you can have the company apply for a change of status and become an H1B.
While converting from B1/B2 to F1 visa is possible and many international students make use of it. If you prepare well and have the right intentions, it should be easy if not difficult.
statue of liberty
Statue of Liberty, New York
Las Vegas, Nevada


The first thing you and your U.S. employer will need to show is that the U.S. side of the company has a “qualifying relationship” with your employer’s business, company, or organization outside the United States. This means that you and your employer will have to prove that the U.S. part of the company is the parent, subsidiary, branch, affiliate, or joint venture partner of the part of the company or organization outside the United States. The law says that a qualifying relationship exists between a U.S. entity and a foreign entity when there is a high degree of “common ownership and control” between the two. The second element you will need to establish for an L-1 visa is that you were employed with the portion of the company or organization outside the U.S. for at least one year within the last three years. As with the qualifying relationship requirement, proving your employment abroad may not be as simple as you’d think. For example, the laws regarding corporations in your home country might not require your employer to keep records about your employment, or may allow your employer to pay your salary “off the books.” Proving past employment without such records could be difficult. Again, the general rule here is “more evidence is better,” so long as all of your evidence makes sense and is consistent. In addition, you want to make sure that you account for any gaps in time.


The H-1B is a visa in the United States under the Immigration and Nationality Act, section 101(a)(15)(H) that allows U.S. employers to temporarily employ foreign workers in specialty occupations. A specialty occupation requires the application of specialized knowledge and a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of work experience. An H-1B visa allows an individual to enter the United States to temporarily work at an employer in a specialty occupation. The regulations define a specialty occupation as requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor including but not limited to biotechnology, chemistry, computing, architecture, engineering, statistics, physical sciences, journalism, medicine and health: doctor, dentists, nurses, physiotherapists, etc., economics, education, research, law, accounting, business specialties, technical writing, theology, and the arts, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum with the exception of fashion models, who must be “of distinguished merit and ability” Likewise, the foreign worker must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and state licensure, if required to practice in that field. H-1B work-authorization is strictly limited to employment by the sponsoring employer. A person in H-1B status must continue to be employed by their employer in order to stay in H-1B status. If the person’s employment ends for any reason, the person must leave the United States, unless the person applies for and is granted a change of status or finds another employer compatible with the H-1B status. Effective January 17, 2017, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services allows grace period of up to 60 days to stay in the United States after the person’s end of employment. H1 B LOTTERY Each year, generally on April 1, the H-1B season commences for the following federal fiscal year; employment authorizations are granted on October 1. Due to a pre-employment application limit window of six months, the first weekday in April is the earliest that an applicant may legally apply for the next year’s allotment of cap-subject H-1B.
White House, Washington DC
Times Square, New York City


All family-based immigrants fall into one of two major categories, immediate relative or family preference. Spouses, parents, and the unmarried children of U.S. citizens are classified as immediate relatives. There are an unlimited number of immigrant visas available each year for immediate relatives of U.S. citizens. All other qualified relationships are considered family preference categories. The number of family preference immigrant visas is limited. That’s because immigration law puts a numerical cap on the number of green cards that can be issued to family preference categories each year. As a result, there’s a backlog and long wait for many of the family.

Let Our Experience Be Your Guide 

Book Your Consultation

Scroll to Top


Typically replies within few minutes

I will be back soon

Contact Us

Chat Form
Hello 👋 Thanks for your interest in us. How may we assist you?
Start Chat with:
chat Need Help?